Wednesday, December 01, 2010

My Christmas Prayer




This is a layout I did for Graphic 45. It is a wall hanging with a Christmas Prayer.
I wanted to make something that reminds us what Christmas is really all about.
I chose a Prayer by Robert Lousi Stevenson
Loving Father,
Help us remember the birth of Jesus that we may share in the song of the angles,
the gladness of the shepherds,and worship of the wise men.
Close the door of hate and open the door of love all over the world.
Let kindness come with every gift,
and good desires with every greeting.
Deliver us from evil by the blessing which Christ brings,
and teach us to be merry with clear hearts.
May the Christmas morning made us happy to be thy children, and Christmas evening bring us to our beds with grateful thoughts, forgiving and forgiven, for Jesus' sake
Amen.
I used
Glad Tidings for the base of my wall hanging.
Holiday Spirit for the 1st frame
Victorian Greetings for the 2nd frame
Jolly old St for the stamps
Holiday Spirit for the image of the Lady
The Holly and the Ivy for my tree
Deck the Halls for my pot
Ode to Joy for my two little girls with banner
The Holly and the Ivy for the flowers
Deck the Halls for flowers
Christmas Past Frames
Vine from Prima
Black Comer's from Imaginarium Designs
I will put a tutorial on my blog for the tree, hopefully tomorrow as I am teaching all day.
There are more photos on the Graphic 45 Blog
thanks for looking
Jane

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! We don't go too crazy with the Christmas decor in our house, but I think you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to your site and your designs. They just blew me away. Just the graphics on the website are so beautiful, that I had to comment. The Christmas Prayer (or the one used as the Christmas Prayer) was so heartfelt I wrote it down. I am totally into the victorian themes or anything with lace,buttons,pearls,glitz,(you get the pic) Thank-you for the beautiful work and sharing it with others! Happy Hollidays to you and yours, Blessings, Victoria (my parents named me correctly haha)I'll be watching and ordering

    ReplyDelete