Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Mini Christmas Tag Book

Here is a little project I did for Graphic 45 with Christmas touch! Graphic 45 had a Christmas tag challenge this month and it inspired me to do some tags as well. These would work as singles or even Christmas decorations. I decided to join mine together to make a mini book. The 4 tags are from Imaginarim Designs and joined together with black bazzill. They are 3 inches wide x 4 1/2 inches high. I cover the font and back of each tag with the lovely new papers from Graphic 45's Christmas Emporium range. These are my favorite Xmas Papers. I love the wonderful colours and the lovely vintage images. The prints are perfect for mini projects as well at 12x12 layouts.

For the front tag I used Happy Holidays, with a square cut from Special Delivery with the words Christmas Greetings on it. I used circle punches to punch out 5 circles from different three prints. This is to make the baubles. I used Christmas Emporium, Special Delivery and Holly and Ivy. You fold the circles in half and glue them together. I used ric rac to "hang" the baubles on the front of the tag. I added bows and another ribbon at the bottom. I used a frame from Imaginarium Designs inked black and then stamped with a script stamp and embossed with gold embossing powder. I chose a word from Joyous Noel and glued it behind the frame. I attached it at the top of the tag. I know the baubles have been around for a while but I only saw them a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with them.

 For this tag I used an image from Happy Holidays. I used 3 of the same print to cut out bits of it and layered them with foam tape. It gives the image a 3D effect. I added a large button at the top and some ribbons.
 For this tag I used Joyous Noel for the background. I added some Special Delivery and red bazzill. Another button and a tag from the Christmas Emporium chipboard sheets. I added a holly flourish from Imaginarium Designs. I found some flowers, a word token and crystals to finish it off.

For the last tag I decided to do something special. I used Holly and Ivy for the tag back. A square of Christmas Carol over the top with a square of Christmas Emporium layered on top of that. I used another holly flourish from Imaginarium Designs with some German Scrap. I cut holly shapes cut from Special Delivery. I used a flower from Graphic 45's staples range which I bent and shaped. The bell in the middle adds a nice Christmas's touch.  Another large button with a Graphic chipboard shape in the middle and a Maya Road bingo number on top of that. I added a glass hat pin as well.
Thanks so much for looking.
I have choosen a random comment from all the lovely ladies who kindly left coments to win a prize from me!

cardstockaholic said...


This was so worth the wait!!! It is absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!

If you could email me at jane@seriouslyscrapbooking.net.au then I can get your prize in the post.
Thanks again
Hope you all have a wonderful time and a safe and happy new year.
Jane

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! This is so beautiful and very detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous mini project Jane. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, these tags are awesome.... Love the cute santa one.... Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this book of tags is just amazing ! I love it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These tags are so beautiful I just can't quit looking at them. Love the shape of those tags and all that luscious layering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane, love your work.. I have one question..
    I love the seam binding type ribbons, they look vintage and just what I want for so many projects... where could I send for them.. ?
    you can mail me at artheart2436@yahoo.com
    BJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE your Christmas Tag Book!!!!

    ReplyDelete