Monday, July 25, 2011

Don't know what is happening to my weeks but they keep disappearing!
So the winner is
DeeDee
"This is wonderful! Graphic 45 has such fabulous talented designers!! Saw you via Imaginarium ♥ "
Dee Dee can you email me at jane@seriouslyscrapbooking.net.au and I will send you your price.
Graphic 45 have featured some of my work on their blog, this means I can share with you. Grapic 45 sent me some of their new papers from the Magic of Oz collection. I decided to make an easle card.
I love the way these kind of cards stand up, making them a special card which can be on display rather than popped in a box or stashed in a draw. I used papers from the Magic of Oz collection for this card. I used some of graphic 45 hinges to make a flap on the front of my card. When you open the flap there is a pocket which lets you tuck money or a gift card into. Purple and green work so well together, and isn’t funny how the meaning of words change. Wicked now means great or cool as my kids tell me. Different from when I was a kid and it meant extremely bad. So now I have a totally cool card for a very“ wicked” teenager - Perfect.


I am really into miniature at the moment and having great fun doing lots of little projects. I have a great photo of the Lovely Graphic 45 ladies taken in Australia this year. I decide to do this project on Diane The book is only 4 inches high and five inches wide. It sits on an Imaginarium Designs chipboard stand, slightly opened. I love the way all Graphic 45 papers work together, I used papers from the new “magic of Oz” range. I love this new line of papers. The colours are so strong and the prints are delightful. I uses a chipboard compass and fine leaves from Imaginarium designs. This balanced the heavy metal staples flower from Graphic 45 which I just love. I cut out flowers from one of the prints and layered them to give them a 3d look. I added some magical words in an Imaginarium designs frame which describe Diane (hope she doesn’t mind being thought of as “antique” meaning valuable rather than old!) I also added a crown because she is the” Queen of design” as we all know.

I am also a guest designer for the Lets get Shabby Blog, they will be showing my layout tomorrow. Once it is on their blog I will post it on mine. Make sure your visit their blog for some beautiful inspiration and remember to leave a comment on my blog and go into a draw to win.


Thanks for looking


Jane

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jane, those G45 paper are stunning and your work is amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is amazing, love the idea of your gift card. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. quel dommage que votre site ne soit pas traduit en français !

    il regorge de tellement de jolies choses et donne tant d'idées que c'est bien dommage que les scrapeuses françaises ne puissent en profiter sauf à maitriser l'anglais !

    ReplyDelete