Friday, November 04, 2011

A Layout for Josh

Graphic 45 and Colorcore sent me a big box full of goodies earlier this year and I have been waiting for our blog hop with Colorcore. They sent me a a whole pad of cardstock, made by Core’dinations as part of their Signature Series for Graphic 45. I now no longer need to choose my cardstock as the whole pad of plain paper matches Graphic 45 Print papers beautifully. I also received from Graphic 45 and Core’dinations a pack of their Core Impressions: Graphic 45 Timeless collection, this is an embossed pad with lots of lovely papers to go hand in hand with Graphic 45. Where to start? I decided to do a layout for my son Josh using papers from the “Proper Gentleman” Collection. I chose two print papers “Man about Town” and “The Sophisticate” and chose cardstock from the Graphic 45 cardstock pack to match. I found the red and black cardstock looked the best. From the pack of Core Impressions I chose the “Cream of Wheat” embossed cardstock.

Normally everyone sands this kind of cardstock but I didn’t want the distressed look to my page so I inked it using a sponging block and Graphic 45’s new ink pads from Color box. I found the colour “decades” worked well, you just tap the sponging block on the ink pad and gently rub over the cardstock until the desired colour is reached. I always work in from a side before inking in the middle, this dumps most of the ink on the edge where I want it to be darker rather an in the middle. I matted the finished cardstock on black to set it off.
I love the metal door plate and matching knob set that Graphic 45 have as part of their staples collection. I decided to use one on my layout as a representation of Josh moving from school to the work force. It also was perfect for adding the journaling.

I love all the colours in this layout and the way they set the photo off. I don’t like a lot of fuss on my layouts and doing male layouts is always hard. I used some of Imaginarium Designs Corners to finish the page. These corners are ones that Josh himself designed so it was nice to add them to a layout on him.
Supplies:
Graphic 45 Print Papers: Man about Town, The Sophisticate, A Proper Gentleman Borders
Core Impressions cream of wheat
Colourcore cardstock red and black
Graphic 45 colour box –DecadesImaginarium designsCorners
Brads
Off to pick up Trish from Prima for a class today. I had the pleasure of meeting Ingvild yesterdaya and having tea with her. More about that another time.
thanks for looking
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment